Staff Spotlight: 20 Questions in 2 Minutes with Amy Recker
20 Questions in 2 Minutes is our series of interviews with Management Council staff members. This week’s guest is Amy Recker, Professional Technical Support, with the Customer Services and Support team.
- Do you have any allergies?
- If you could time travel, when and where would you go?
I think I would go back to a time when things aren’t so crazy—just a little simpler and slower paced. A time where you could enjoy life a little more because it’s so hectic now.
- Name one thing on your bucket list.
I would like to go to Key West. We don’t take a lot of vacations. I’ve been told that when I go, I’ll never want to come back.
- What personality traits do you share with your relatives?
I like everything in its place. My mom has the same trait, and she passed it on to me.
- What’s your favorite part of the workday?
About mid-morning because I feel like that’s when I’m the most productive. By mid-morning, I’m wide awake and in the groove. I’m at my best.
- What’s the phone app you use the most?
I’m not a techie person, but I do use solitaire and puzzles on my phone.
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I would have to say any kind of meat.
- What song is included on the soundtrack to your life?
I Hope You Dance.
- If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Jimmy Buffet because I like his music. It’s fun, relaxing music. I’ve never been to one of his concerts, though.
- What three things would you take with you to a deserted island?
I would take some good water, my husband, and survival gear.
- What’s your favorite holiday?
Christmas. Every year, we decorate early and leave it up for a while. I don’t let my family put up decorations until November 1 or later. Typically, we decorate the first weekend of November. My kids still come home and want to help decorate.
- What’s the best concert you’ve been attended?
I have never been to a concert for me, but I have taken my daughters to a concert.
- Are you a coffee or tea person?
- How would your 10-year-old self react to what you do now?
She would think I was crazy. I always wanted to be a teacher. Once I hit high school, I thought “What the heck am I thinking?” I do a little bit of teaching in this role, but it’s not what I do full time. I’m the youngest of six, and two of my older sisters were teachers, so I had some influence.
- What’s one of your favorite memories?
When my family went to Walt Disney World. The kids still talk about it. My daughter wants to take her family and experience it the way we did.
- What three traits define you?
Honest. Reserved. Patient.
- What is your personal philosophy?
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Describe a “win” from the work you’ve done.
It’s a big “win” for me when I get a good review from a training I’ve given. When the attendees come back and give you good reviews stating they liked the training and the format, you know that they are getting something good out of it and appreciate it.
- How do you define success?
A happy marriage and family.
- What is your favorite thing about working at the Management Council?
Probably the camaraderie. Everyone gets along, wants to work together, cares about each other, and be there for each other. Anybody will help you with anything that you need. Especially the people I work with the most. I’ve been here 15 years, and I’ve worked with them for many of those years. When you work with someone that long, you really get to know them. They are like another family.